intelliRock Maturity Loggers
Real-Time Concrete Strength
Based on ASTM C 1074 "Standard Practice for Estimating Concrete Strength by the Maturity Method", intelliRock Maturity Loggers analyze the time and temperature profile of in-place concrete to calculate the in-place strength of concrete in real-time - with the push of a button.
The theory behind the maturity method is simple. Warmer concrete temperatures result in a higher rate of hydration (and therefore more rapid strength gain), and colder concrete hydrates more slowly. Data reported by the intelliRock maturity loggers along with a calibration graph generated from reference cylinders gives a convenient measure of in-place concrete strength.
Accelerate Workflow, Increase Quality Assurance, and Improve Quality Control - The intelliRock system saves time and money by enhancing:
- Contractor's Critical Path - Accelerate concrete operations. Extends the construction calendar in cooler weather.
- Quality Control - Early validation of batching consistency.
- Quality Assurance - Documents early strength and temperature information.
Real-time strength information optimizes the timing of:
- Form stripping
- Removal of Shoring and reshoring
- Loading structures
- Saw cutting
- Picking tilt-up panels
- Opening pavements to traffic
- Harvesting pre-cast members
Maturity loggers are available that use the Nurse-Saul (time-temperature factor) as well as the Arrhenius (equivalent age) calculation methods.
Standard intelliRock maturity loggers log temperature and maturity each hour for 28 days and calculate maturity using the Nurse-Saul technique. Other configurations are available on request. Call for options!